Thursday, April 15, 2010

"According to Plan, The Unfolding Revelation of God in the Bible" by Graeme Goldsworthy

I just finished this book by Goldsworthy last night and I must say I found it helpful galvanizing, in my mind, the unity of Scripture.
The first two sections are more of a Christianity 101, ntro. to the Bible. The main address is how the canon of Scripture has been assembled and inspired, essentially providing solid apologetics for the authority of Scripture. The second section, which makes up the bulk of the text, is an overview of the entirety of the Bible illuminating the unfolding revelation of the Gospel as the underlying, overarching central theme. I found while reading through this section that the book was particularly hard to put down as it showed how connected all the separate books of Scripture are. The last section is a few brief pages on practical application of the stressed themes of this book such as knowing God's will.
Given its proper emphasis on Biblical themes I'd recommend this book for new believers as it gives such an excellent and concise bird's eye view of Scripture.

No comments:

Post a Comment