Monday, September 7, 2009

When in Doubt

I'm not sure how it began but this weekend started with many doubts and anxiety. My heart was not resting in the goodness and sovereignty of God. My focus placed more on myself, the old nemesis of self-doubt sought to render me futile.

But the goodness of God towards the ones he loves is unrelenting. And when we do not experience the good in our lives it is not because God has stopped doing good but is equipping and preparing for greater good, should we continue to love Him in faith.

Psalm 84:11 No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly.
Psalm 119:
65 Do good to your servant according to your word, O LORD.
67 Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I obey your word.
71 It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees.
72 The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold.
Psalm 34:10 The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment