Thursday, August 6, 2009

Free to serve

Haven't you ever asked God to liberate you from your current place of employment so that you could more freely serve Him with all your heart? Sure, we've probably all said that prayer at the workplace, "Lord, rescue me from this cesspool of humanistic tragedy so that I may go out into the world to share the light of the gospel to people in need. I want to reach people, just not these people. Amen."
Then, after clearing my day-planner of burdensome work weeks I dream of where I might go in the world to spread the faith... back to school! Yes, there I can really grow for God and be blessed at the end of it all with a white collar job like any decent Christian. Besides the blue collar folk I'd be abandoing now can always find the love of Christ through TBN broadcasting or the Spiritual Books section at Wal-Mart. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment